Share |

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why The Chicken Crossed The Road

So last Friday was an amazing day, full...but lots of fun. I headed up to Portland around lunch time to get my assignments from Willamette Week Newspaper who I'm interning with. I was given 4 products from different stores to photograph for an article that features local products. It was pretty basic because the products were going to be stripped from their background and put onto a white background.


After I was given 'the list,' I grabbed a map, plotted my course, and Farley (my volvo) and I were on our way to a bustling downtown. The theme was keeping warm, and as you may agree, long-johns are a classic remedy for the chills. Now these in particular were HUGE!!! They must have been 6 feet long!

[[[my favorite part may be my loafers on the bottom, I love these shoes]]]

Another assignment I got was to photograph the CommonWealth Building located on 6th Avenue. I wanted to give the images a little something extra, so I waited till sunset, got lost, stayed lost, then the sun was completely gone, and I finally found it. Needless to say improvisation forced me to do nights and let all the pretty lights burn in and the blacks be as empty and engulfing as they wanted.



I finished my assignments around 6, headed back to the car and drove to Tigard where my good friend Ashli lives. I think I got off the coach once in two hours, and that involved beef jerky. I was resting up for an adventurous evening with my girlfriends, sure to involve lots of dancing, our tradition. This photo was taken at Bar 15:

Now I have to explain this one...I know it's not that great, but these six feet danced harder than anyone in the place. We like to go and just get in our own little world where the surroundings, social expectations, and 'being smooth/hot/cool/' make way for some good, clean un-abandoned fun! I think we scared everyone, but the dance floor went from being completely empty to packed within 2 songs of our ridiculousness! It was one of the best nights ever! And who said you need alcohol on a friday night to have fun?...please! give me Ashli, Rachel, a DJ and a dance floor, and I'm set!


And here's Toben, he gave us a free ride to our car. I love the cool people you meet, and the strong community I feel in Portland, like everyone's pulling for each other to succeed.

Two amazing girls! ^ (Ahem, young single men!!!) ; )



Over and out.

No comments:

Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor

Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor
Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP