Share |

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Antunez Maternity Shoot / Salem, OR Photographer

Can you tell from this first photo that Maggie & Ricardo are two beautiful, kind, generous people? I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed getting to know these delightful people, and lucky me I get to keep seeing them! It's funny how people move in and out of your life. Out of nowhere an old acquaintance re-enters the fabric of your life, and oftentimes you are richer for it. Over a year ago I did a job for North West Palate Magazine, capturing the newly emerging French restaurant, La Capital. It was a great experience for me to meet new people and add to my commercial portfolio, I blogged about it here. That's when I first met Ricardo, (who is the second chef) passionately filleting a samon for their dinner menu.

He contacted me to schedule his and Maggie's shoot, funny how one opportunity leads to another. We almost had to scrap the shoot when Maggie thought she was going into labor the evening before. Thank goodness she was wrong! She was however having contractions during the shoot, not that you would notice, but she pushed (not literally, haha) through it. We also managed to grab the last few days of color before all the leaves fell which added such nice tone to their photos!

Just a quick side-note: they're a good example of smart clothing choices. Their colors meshed together well, and they had a nice mix of solids, prints, and textures that complimented the surrounding scenery.

I'll be sharing Landin's photo session soon, (newest addition to their family) so be sure to check in again!

The other exciting bit of news to share regarding this shoot is in talking about their wedding that he catered, and my up-coming wedding, we came to a wonderful agreement to trade my photography services for his catering services for MY wedding! I'm so pumped, I was planning to have family help with the food, but this is so much better! Can't wait to develop a menu!

Interested in offering trade work? Tell me! Have any wonderful ideas for appetizers for a summer/vintage-inspired wedding? Inspire away! Like the photos? Share some blog love!





No comments:

Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor

Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor
Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP