Share |

Monday, December 14, 2009

Van Der Veen Family / Salem OR Photographer

I have long anticipated sharing these photographs with you all. I couldn't have had a cuter family on a more beautiful day, and so fun to spend time with!

I talked with Erin months ago in early September about booking her family's photo shoot and one of her ideas was to wait until the fall leaves were in full color. They love their home (you'll see why!) so we decided to split half the shoot at a downtown park and half at their adorable house.

The flaw in our plan started when my car wouldn't start to get me to church that morning. My dad gave me a jump start and I was on my way, not a second thought was given to this obvious kink. The next few starts in between church and the park required the jumper cables I so cleverly brought along, but without a working car what use are they? I landed myself at the park and had to call the Van Der Veens and request we flip flop our locations and start at the park where I was stuck. Thank goodness they were so laid back and flexible!

My good friend Christen was my assistant and we both agreed it was a well spent afternoon. The best part was they had to give me two jump starts to get the car to their house, and two to leave. I think when my day was all said and done I had 7 jump starts, and a trip to Auto Zone on my To-Do list.

100% worth it! Nothing like a little lesson in humility.
















No comments:

Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor

Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor
Luxe Event Productions Preferred Vendor

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP